Sunday 2 June 2013

Boycott Norton / O2 / Symantec

So I found out a week or two back that Trigger Alert is on the list of Men's Rights sites that are now being blocked by O2 & Symantec.

The list now includes more than 100 sites & is growing, so I wrote to the company to ask why I was being blacklisted & received two very polite, illogical & Kafkaesque replies telling me my blog had been classified a 'HATE' site(!) due to its critical analysis of feminist ideology & occasional glance at the reciprocal nature of domestic violence in order to better understand it & thereby lessen its harmful effects on all society.

Yep, that's all the 'hate' you need these days, it turns out.

In another age, this Orwellian doublethink twaddle would actually be funny, & this very post dismissed as a particularly far-fetched piece of dystopian satire. And the people in that age would laugh if they heard someone believed it was actually true, & probably say to one another "You couldn't make this shit up!".

But no:

I note, by the way, using O2's own URL checker, that this is not also being applied to a good number of radical feminist sites that actually DO quite openly & unashamedly hate one whole half of the human race & disseminate false information about interpersonal violence only to exploit the fear & hysteria that generates to further their own particular ideological goals just about every single day.

Funny, that.

Anyway, this is just a brief one to urge you to boycott any of those three names if you have dealings with them at all, in the name of free speech.

It's not a big ask, anyway, as Norton is by some distance the worst piece of bloatware it has ever been my misfortune to come across & the first thing I've taken off of every computer I've ever bought. In terms of mobile/cellphone coverage, there are plenty of other alternatives out there these days to O2 so it's very little trouble to switch providers.

Even if you are not in a position to do this yourself at present, please spread the word - twitter is apparently a good one but social media generally is a good way to get the light shone on the shady politics of internet giants. Remember - it may be us today, but could be you tomorrow:

First they came for the Jews,
& I didn't speak out, because I wasn't a Jew
Then they came for the communists,
& I did nothing, because I wasn't a communist
Then they came for the gypsies,
& again I said nothing, since I wasn't a gypsy 
Then they came for the religious,
& I said nothing, because I was not religious
Then they came for the athiests,
 & again I would say nothing, because I never called myself an athiest,
Then they came for my neighbours,
& I said nothing, because at least it wasn't me.
Then they came for me
And there was no-one left to speak out

*

One last thing: if you have this site bookmarked or linked, please change to:

if you do not have it down as that already, as the blogspot.co.uk domain is apparently still free from this ridiculously misguided censorship at present.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by.

Normal service will be resumed shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment