1. SUICIDE: Men’s suicide rate is 4.6 times higher than that of women’s. [Dept. Health & Human Services -- 26,710 males vs 5,700 females]
2. LIFE EXPECTANCY: Men’s life expectancy is seven (7) years shorter than women’s [National Center for Health Statistics -- males 72.3 yrs vs females 79 yrs] yet receive only 35% of government expenditures for health care and medical costs.
3. WAR: Men are almost exclusively the only victims of war [Dept. Defense -- Vietnam Casualties 47,369 men vs 74 women]
4. WORKPLACE FATALITIES: Men account for more than 95% of all workplace fatalities.
5. MURDER: Men are murdered at a rate almost 5 times that of women. [Dept. Health & Human Services -- 26,710 men vs 5,700 women]
6. CHILD CUSTODY: Women receive physical custody of 92% of all children of separation, and men only 4%. [Department of Health & Human Services]
7. JURY BIAS: Women are acquitted of spousal murder at a rate 9 times that of men [Bureau Justice Statistics -- 1.4% of men vs 12.9% of women]
8. COURT BIAS: Men are sentenced 2.8 times longer than women for spousal murder [Bureau Justice Statistics -- men at 17 years vs women at 6 years]
9. JUSTICE SYSTEM BIAS: Women are assesessed for Child Support on average at half the rate of men, yet are twice as likely to default on Child Support payments. Ninety Seven (97%) of all child support prosecutions are against fathers. [Census Bureau]
10. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Numerous credible studies from independant researchers report that women are the initiators of domestic violence in 58% of all cases, and cause physical abuse in almost 50% of all cases, yet women only account for 6% of all criminal proceedings in such matters.
11. CHILD VIOLENCE: Mothers commit 55% of all child murders and biological fathers commit 6%. NIS-3 indicates that Mother-only households are 3 times more fatal to children than Father-only households. Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.
12. WEALTH: Women hold 65% of the total wealth in the USA [Fortune Magazine]
Hey, dont recall seeing this blog before. Good points about court bias, jury bias and domestic violence. Id also add that women only pay 13% of child support payments despite the fact 38% wives make more money than their husbands.ReplyDelete
Good point about government expenditures for health care.
Some dork just did a complaining that men are increasing their life expectancy at a higher rate than women in the USA.
Cant help but wonder if this study will be used to lobby for increasing research on women's health and decreasing research on men's health.
Love this short list. I'm currently experimenting on talking to the most open minded women I know to see if they can see how men have it harder. I will have this in favorites for cases were I need a short, concise list and see what happens.ReplyDelete
Girl writes what changed from the kitchen to the living room your conspiration theory is getting debunked! :p
I think actually you'll find that one post in the comfy chair was due to a workers union strike that week at the TV studio she usually records her cookery show.Delete
Heh, You surely don't let your conspiracy theories die easy do you? ;)ReplyDelete
Perhaps more women murder their children because women have almost all the custody. From an objective viewpoint, children murdered by a parent are more likely to be murdered by the parent with custody. This could be skewing the pictureReplyDelete
Overall though, good points.